Comment on this
Summer Salad recipes
by Kaila Chan
BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD
4-6 small green onions (chopped)
1 bunch broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen petite peas
1 small can water chestnuts (sliced)
1 ½ cup mayonnaise
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp powdered dill weed
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces
and place in bowl.
2. Add onions, peas and water chestnuts to bowl.
3. Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, powdered dill weed,
sugar and salt.
4. Add mayonnaise mixture to vegetables and mix well.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
AND SOUR PASTA SALAD
1 pkg (16 oz) tricolor spiral pasta
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium cucumber, (chopped)
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup vinegar
1 tbsp ground mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and
2. Place in large serving bowl.
3. Add onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley.
4. In a saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook
heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour
over salad and
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Serves 12.
My husband is on a low cholesterol diet, and this recipe
has 0 cholesterol.
in Motion] [Store]